Hello! Welcome to The Complete Guide to Archery. We're a bunch of life-long archers who are passionate about the sport, and we want to share that enthusiasm with others.
There seem to be a lot of websites about archery, but none that really help you start as a novice and build your skills. Archery can be complicated—and the deeper you go, the more complicated it gets—and many people get turned away because it can difficult to get the knack of things. To help you out, we have:
- A set of "Commandments" that you should follow whenever you've got a bow in your hand, and we add new Commandments from time to time;
- A "How To" series about the draw, that offers suggestions as you go through each step of shooting an arrow;
- A series of posts on how to choose a bow (and related equipment), especially if you're new to the sport;
- Product reviews and explanations on how to use various types of gear; and
- "Lifestyle"-type posts where we write about archery-related topics. These aren't useful, really, but we enjoy writing them.
If you're a beginner, we're thrilled you're here—hopefully the site can give you a solid footing to get started, and help you develop your skills and knowledge.
If you're an expert, we're also thrilled you're here—be sure to share your knowledge in the "Comments" sections in posts, and encourage the newbies.
Lastly—be sure to leave some comments! We love hearing from folks all over the world. We're all here to learn from each other and support one another.
All the Best to You,
The Complete Guide to Archery Crew